In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1asesino masculinoasesina femeninocriminal masculinohomicida masculino formal
- They're a charming trio, even if two are murderers and the other is an expert forger and financial trickster.
- It is so easy to say that murderers should be hanged, but what if they have been framed, or the evidence isn't up to scratch.
- Many of my fellow students thought that murderers should have the same done unto them as they had done to others, an eye for an eye.
- I expect more people could name one or more of the murderers than even one of the people they murdered.
- The existence of such draconian punishment is a reflection of a culture that has no time for thieves and murderers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.