In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1equipo de música masculino
- They had the latest in television technology, a slim video recorder, a good collection of pre-recorded cassettes, a music centre studded with dials and controls and a huge tower full of CDs and audio cassettes.
- The problem with using your PC as a music centre is that it's rarely in the place where you actually want to listen.
- The many great prizes include a colour T.V., Microwave Owen and music centre.
- In the course of the night there will be a draw for a number of very attractive prizes including a colour TV, microwave and hi-fi music centre.
- A laptop can serve as portable cinema, internet cafe and music centre as well as a work platform. Or you may wish to keep your laptop solely as an on-the-road device that holds just the most current files.
- She took out money raised in a March fair and used it to buy basics for the orphanage, and a music centre for the school.
- Over night Hilary had pulled some strings so the room was decorated new, and complete with new furniture, TV, VCR and music centre.
- Two big TVs have been taken as well as two video recorders and music centres.
- Car bumpers, bed springs, a broken music centre, smashed chairs, soiled carpets and rotting food are just some of the waste piled high around the vandalised graves which date back to the 1700s.
- Not only this, but my friend Bob has gone and bought an old music center and is buying up old vinyl.
- Just ask the question, ‘How often have I sat down and listened to the expensive music centre that seemed so important to have?’
- In the living-room there are pretty sparkly lamps, and a very large TV and music centre, both ugly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.