In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1musulmán masculinomusulmana femeninomahometano masculinomahometana femenino
- Thus there has been much killing of Sunni and Shia Moslems by each other.
- Indeed, he wished to see all Muslims use Arabic as their language of everyday life.
- For the approximately 30 days of Ramadan, Moslems are expected to fast from dawn to sunset.
- The city, in southern Iraq, is the site of shrines which are sacred to Shia Muslims.
- This is an area that has a long history of religious violence between Muslims and Christians.
- This flavor of Islam is generally considered heretical by mainstream Moslems.
- We hear a lot about problems between Sunni and Shia Muslims but this is a lie.
- There was nothing in the film which criticised Muslims as a community or Islam as a religion.
- To me it shows what little knowledge they have of Islam and how out of touch with Muslims they are.
- Islam requires that all Moslems do what they can to defend Islamic lands when under attack from non-Moslems.
- Many are Moslems but have little understanding of their religion.
- An Islam without Muslims then becomes a museum piece rather than a living faith.
- For example, Muslims are proud that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the West.
- Normally the Sunni and Shia Moslems do not get along very well.
- Shia know that many Sunni clerics in Saudi Arabia regularly preach that Shia Moslems are heretics.
- It is the British equivalent of Shia Muslims flagellating their backs with chains.
- The Koran presumably remains for Muslims more like a fixed map of how the world should be.
- It's an export that no one wants, and the Sunni Moslems will actively resist.
- Although a devout Sikh, he took part in religious acts with Muslims and Hindus as well.
- The Islamic Shariat says Muslims should not live in the land of the infidel for long.
- The Muslim family is the miniature of the whole of Muslim society and its firm basis.
- Most of their victims, though, are Muslim Arabs whose final words were never recorded.
- There is a sense of Islamic solidarity among all Muslim nations but there are also disputes.
- I had to play a young woman who had all the grace and softness that Muslim girls have.
- Some newspapers had even gone so far as to say that the meeting was to garner Muslim votes.
- It claimed to represent the grievances and demands of the entire Indian Muslim community.
- More than in any other Muslim country, women have leapt into the modern world.
- One of the obstacles here is the lack of true dialogue in Muslim communities.
- Religions are represented in the architecture of Christian cathedrals, Hindu temples, and Moslem mosques.
- Earlier this year he demanded that Muslim women bare their heads in photos for their identity cards.
- Andalusia was then the name applied to the region remaining under Muslim rule.
- They were trying to force the elected French government to lift its ban on Muslim veils in state schools.
- As the word sunna suggests, some Muslim people believe it is religiously ordained.
- He has also been barred from many Muslim countries for his advocacy of democracy and human rights.
- There are all sorts of items of dress which are worn by Muslim women, and these vary all over the world.
- It is standard Muslim doctrine that one verse of the Koran can abrogate another.
- The position of Muslim organisations and mosques has been consistent for years.
- Their objective is Muslim countries' resources and one way or the other they are going to get them.
- As a consequence, art in India became very much more decorative and Moslem mosques became more important than Hindu temples.
- More than a third of Muslim children live in households where no adults work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.