In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I'm a staunch believer in the old idea that one mustn't bottle up one's emotions.
- So I thought, if it's man made, there must be someone driving it, mustn't there?
- So when it all goes wrong, with costs through the roof and millions down the drain, it must be their fault, mustn't it?
- There is much twisted and tangled negotiating over who we must and who we mustn't invite.
- Oh yes, mustn't forget, I'm meeting up with Gillian after work tonight.
- Most importantly, what you mustn't do is drop your standards just because you are getting desperate.
- I'm not arguing the university mustn't change and expand, but I think there's better ways to do it.
- But we mustn't let this sense of outrage be turned against innocent people.
- Often our city speaks for itself through its unique historic past, but we mustn't be complacent.
- But that mustn't be allowed to overshadow what is very good news indeed.
- We mustn't be afraid to experiment and mustn't be ashamed or disheartened by any mishaps along the way.
- We mustn't, he stated, forget where we come from in this rapidly changing world.
- But we mustn't be complacent as we have to maintain and improve the village to hold this place for the summer judging in July.
- We mustn't forget, he says, that these girls are victims as well.
- I mustn't complain - I hear it is not quite so warm in Scotland at the moment.
- She said I mustn't wear it too much at first so that Dad didn't notice and get angry.
- Still I jolly well expect a girl as pretty as you must have an awful lot of boyfriends, mustn't you?
- What we mustn't forget is that there are 116 different languages spoken.
- He cannot make any promises, but at the same time he mustn't be seen to be frightened.
- It's vastly better than it was 25 years ago but we really mustn't be complacent.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.