In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1botón de silencio masculino
- There is a mute button for suspending and resuming audio transmission.
- Just get the mute button ready when it gets on your nerves.
- Finally, I hit the mute button and roll the dice.
- Rachel is still listening on the phone; she simply hits the mute button, but doesn't put the phone down.
- She grabbed the remote for the television and pressed the mute button, then she ushered for me to sit on the carpet at her feet.
- The dealer had to quickly press the mute button on his phone so the customer couldn't hear his roars of laughter.
- She inched again towards the television and pressed the mute button.
- I clicked the mute button and just watched their mouths go up and down.
- Both share features you'd expect from a speakerphone: the ability to preprogram frequently called numbers, volume controls, a call timer, and a mute button.
- Simple townsfolk are just as bad, and there will be a few moments where you'll want to reach for the mute button rather than hear their dialogue.
- Finally breaking free, she hit the mute button on her TV and lifted her phone to receive Tamara's number.
- It was like the child had a mute button and someone suddenly pressed it.
- My finger barely made it to the mute button before I burst out laughing.
- The headset and base station feature volume and mute buttons and on-line indicators.
- He flips the mute button off and goes back to his conversation.
- He flips on the TV as soon as he gets home, turns to channel 26 and hits the mute button.
- I hit the mute button, and start to laugh in disbelief.
- Yawning, Seth grabbed the remote and pressed the mute button.
- It was like someone had hit the mute button to the TV.
- I usually wince every time I have to listen to it, and if I'm listening to it on TV I always fumble for the mute button.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.