In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cepillo de uñas masculino
- I've been using various implements (nails, small screwdrivers, bits of cardboard, etc) to remove the mud because I don't have a nail brush.
- She had a pink nail brush and a sponge and her own talcum powder.
- A member who had rust stains on a pair of white pants cleaned them using hand cleaner and a nail brush.
- Start by brushing it off with a medium-soft brush - something stiffer than a shaving brush, softer than a nail brush.
- A plentiful supply of soap, clean towels and nail brushes should be available.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.