In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1esmalte de uñas masculino
- Next came the first coloured nail polish - in a rose shade - with deeper hues to follow by 1930.
- I said sitting on her bed as she finished up putting the bright pink nail polish on her fingers.
- When they threw off their veils, we saw the kohl, lipstick, rouge and nail polish that the women wore.
- He added that no matter what one's skin tone was white gold easily complemented any shade of lipstick or nail polish.
- I love how obsessed you are with truly girly pursuits like nail polish and self-portraits.
- Hairbrushes, hair clips, nail polish, and lip gloss are all fun and inexpensive ideas.
- Next comes my large collection of nail polish, but I put those in more carefully so they don't break.
- Her pale skin was highlighted with pale makeup and light pink nail polish.
- For women dark eyeliner and black nail polish can enhance this look.
- It is also advisable to let the nails ‘breathe’ without any nail polish for a week.
- He was always dressed in black, dog collar, eyeliner and black nail polish, and never a smile on his face.
- I lined my eyes in thick black kohl, wore black nail polish and baggy clothes.
- Truthfully, Mona only owned a tube of black mascara, a black eye pencil and black nail polish.
- No wonder the teeny cosmetics market is cashing in, targeting their lip-gloss and nail polish at increasingly younger kids.
- I was good at making little shapes on my finger nails when chipping nail polish.
- Color palates will be updated to display a wider array of colors for items like lipstick and nail polish.
- She pictured herself with pink lipstick and violet nail polish and a little blush.
- Slowly she reached over and plucked the bottle of nail polish from the desk.
- I had really cute nail polish on my toes, but that was about it.
- Not surprisingly, as she owned every color known to mankind, she had nail polish to match.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.