In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The contribution of nanobacteria to pathogenic bioaerosols, in the view of the authors, must overwhelm all other types of biological particles in the atmosphere.
- What matters is if we can figure out the association between nanobacteria and kidney stones and develop some kind of countermeasure.
- They have an interesting article on nanobacteria.
- The authors of a study published in the journal call for a ‘major initiative’ to investigate nanobacteria.
- In addition, nanobacteria may be important in clay mineral diagenesis in buried sandstones.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.