In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Ideally that means obtaining a complete gene sequence, and locating the nanobes on the universal tree of life.
- And the other interesting aspect of the nanobes is that they're in the same size range as the controversial Martian nanobe bacteria that were found in a meteorite some years ago.
- Because these nanobes are so incredibly tiny, they are devilishly hard for scientists to work with.
- Called nanobes, they were found in rock samples drilled from 5km below the seabed off the Western Australia.
- There was neither a nanoplague born from new nanobe pathogens nor an army of nanosoldiers clouding the sky.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.