In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Whilst we are a long way away from turning lead into gold, science at the atomic level, or nanotechnology, is with us already.
- With nanotechnology engineers manipulate atomic sized particles to create tiny machines.
- How can you see nanotechnology or even macro technology on the way to Mars generating the sorts of energy that you need?
- Eventually, nanotechnology and semiconductor device technology will converge.
- The team from the physics department are experts in nanotechnology, which involves engineering on a microscopic scale.
- For example, nanotechnology may facilitate the development of Von Neumann probes.
- Issues of complexity, evolution, nanotechnology and robotics sit in the very center of this debate.
- There is talk of cooperation in nanotechnology and solar energy as well.
- What is nanotechnology and why is it such a buzz in the computer industry?
- Nearly all the laws dealt with promoting nanotechnology in those states.
- It would be irresponsible if this outcome was to be repeated with nanotechnology.
- The reason for this disparity is that most definitions of nanotechnology are impossibly broad.
- The center's research is aimed at the interface of nanotechnology and biology at the molecular level.
- Governments and the military have no exclusive access to genetics, robotics or nanotechnology.
- The former group thinks of nanotechnology as essentially a new branch of materials science.
- This latest fretting has been prompted by a branch of science called nanotechnology.
- Students presented papers on nanotechnology and super conductors.
- They were describing an area of advanced nanotechnology called molecular manufacturing.
- An eclectic band of researchers is mapping out a new frontier of science known as nanotechnology.
- I don't write about just politics or just war or just nanotechnology or music or science.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.