In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pañal masculinoto change a nappy — cambiar un pañal
- before noun nappy pin — imperdible
- As if all that were not enough, new scientific research is beginning to throw up other potential hazards with disposable nappies.
- Dress your baby in a nappy, vest and Babygro for sleeping.
- Parents who care about the environment are to be persuaded to return to using washable nappies instead of modern disposable ones.
- Back in 1991 the company commissioned two studies to compare the ecological costs of reusable versus disposable nappies.
- One baby's disposable nappies can fill 40 bin liners, or 12 wheelie bins each year.
- Disposable nappies were the product of years of research investment by multinational companies keen to capture and expand a lucrative market.
- Bring the bottom edge of the nappy up between your baby's legs.
- It was a brilliant way to show young teenagers and young adults what it's like to get up at 2 am in the morning to feed a baby, to change a dirty nappy, to try and comfort a crying baby.
- Between 1990 and 1996 he changed about 2,000 nappies, both disposable and reusable.
- Whether this is down to them all recently becoming fathers is unclear, but those dirty nappies and sleepless nights won't have helped their mood.
- Instantly they were flooded with offers from firms selling disposable nappies, baby food, layettes and cots.
- Dirty nappies and food-stained clothes were changed immediately.
- Disposable nappies from one baby make up half the rubbish of a normal family - that equates to more than four per cent of the district's waste.
- At the same time, we would advise people of the benefits of using towelling nappies for the environment.
- Around 90 per cent of babies born in the UK every year wear disposable nappies with only a minority using the reusable variety.
- I now have greater respect for the women of yesteryear who didn't use disposable nappies but the towelling ones.
- A disposable nappy is a fast solution when you need to change your child in the back of the car.
- His mind was still wandering from thinking about what being a dad is going to be like, the dirty nappies, baby sick the works.
- They were probably hoping for some packs of disposable nappies, baby lotion, and maybe a buggy, or a pram or something.
- The project aims to get parents to use reusable nappies on their babies rather than disposable nappies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.