In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In babies the symptoms may include a persistent nappy rash, and creamy yellow or white spots in and around the mouth, producing soreness that may make a baby reluctant to feed.
- Maybe the inevitable conversations about nappy rash and gripe water, far from making me clucky, will make me want to run out and have my tongue pierced and drink cider in the park.
- Babies with nappy rash itch, cry a lot and are generally miserable.
- Whatever the 46 year old equivalent of having nappy rash is I appear to have it.
- Complete exposure may point to the underlying cause, such as areas of eczematous skin or nappy rash that may be irritating him.
- I was complaining to Mum the other day that Tommy had a rather nasty case of nappy rash that didn't seem to be shifting.
- Whether myrrh guards against nappy rash I don't know.
- Because one of the surprising findings is that if you do incorporate friendly or good bacteria into infant formulas, nappy rash condition virtually disappears overnight.
- Remember that most colic disappears before your baby is three months old and nappy rash is usually easily treated, so relief is in sight.
- Creams containing either a mild steroid or anti-fungal preparations may be prescribed for nappy rash that has become infected or for specific conditions that have caused the irritation.
- For nappy rash, choose an ointment rather than a cream because it will form a barrier.
- The end result is a kind of eczema called nappy rash.
- There's a small patch of nappy rash… and we're looking at the imminent emergence of two top teeth.
- Look out for white patches in your baby's mouth or nappy rash that won't heal.
- It turns out that it is an upmarket new American cream for nappy rash.
- You may want to use a baby barrier cream to help prevent nappy rash.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.