In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But the angry reaction to her comments rose to a new level today with blogs on the left and right accusing her of being self-centred and narcissistic.
- Towards the end of the film, his buff, clueless, completely narcissistic character became less amusing and more annoying.
- His narcissistic lover cautions him against his charity towards his neighbours across the hallway.
- Somehow I think unsung social workers can reach out to the poor and downtrodden better than narcissistic guys who have gotten too much attention in the first place.
- Politics attracts a certain type of guy: the narcissistic showman, hungry for attention and holding centre stage.
- "I'm not as narcissistic or self-referential as people think," he says with a smile.
- But where else, you may ask, can one go to see shallow, narcissistic pop stars rip off articles of clothing?
- They are described as: instinctively rebellious, non-conformist, narcissistic and determined to stay young.
- There's a personality type in guys she's been attracted to in the past where they turn out to be far more narcissistic than they initially seem.
- In Traveling Mercies, she demonstrates a unique ability to lay bare her soul even its ugliest parts without ever coming off as narcissistic or solipsistic.
- Young narcissistic adults tend to be ostracized and shunned by peers and colleagues.
- Call me vain or narcissistic or what ever.
- Thirteen years ago I met a materialistic, narcissistic, superficial, bosomy woman from Long Island.
- This finding refutes the common stereotype of the narcissistic woman with breast implants.
- The other film goddesses were narcissistic, neurotic, concerned about no one except themselves.
- She said that the media unfairly depicts celebrities who are publicly involved with politics as narcissistic.
- He's clearly a shallow, narcissistic poseur - surely we're not supposed to feel sympathy for him?
- And he did the right thing, distancing himself from this highly narcissistic pastor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.