In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- German National Socialism and the Second World War are included in the curriculum of almost every school in the world - and certainly of every German school.
- What we oppose is statism, whether it's called Bolshevism, National Socialism, Fascism, Fabianism, or New Dealism.
- Would anyone in this country be allowed to serve at the highest level of government while arguing that National Socialism in Germany represents a period of worthy nostalgia?
- With the rise of National Socialism in Germany, the Nazis closed down the Bauhaus in Dessau in 1932.
- Vatican diplomacy confronted two nasty phenomena: German National Socialism and Soviet communism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.