In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
Filosofía Literatura Arte
- First, he presents atheism as a form of naturalism - the belief that the natural world is the only world there is.
- Evolutionary theory is no more tied to metaphysical naturalism or atheism than is meteorology or medical science.
- The play calls on the actors to explore different acting styles in scenes that range from kitchen-sink naturalism to loopy surrealism.
- Most atheists and other advocates of philosophical naturalism also believe in materialism, the idea that everything that actually exists is material or physical.
- The painterly naturalism that we see in these early genre scenes was indeed motivated by a vision of nature - that is, by a vision of human nature conceived in terms both biological and social.
- The second is philosophical naturalism, which says that everything in the universe is governed by natural law and nothing ever circumvents that law.
- The script does wobble - we lurch from naturalism to cinematic surrealism, with apparently little to justify it.
- He consequently links early photography with the Realist project, tying it to an urge for naturalism in both the arts and sciences.
- The laurel tree, which Correggio renders with great naturalism, simultaneously evokes notions of fidelity, chastity, and poetic attainment.
- A closely related feature of Quine's philosophy is a deep naturalism, which was also inherited from Mill.
- It represents a rustic vision of Jacob wrestling with the Angel, but the real struggle fought out on canvas is between naturalism and symbolism in art.
- He combined elements of naturalism and romanticism to create a portrait of Napoleon which was both more physically accurate and more emotionally probing than the work of any of his rivals.
- Works on view chart the artist's shift from naturalism to an exploration of existential themes.
- Art nouveau naturalism tends to he expressive.
- In other words, materialistic naturalism says that there is nothing more to me outside of my physical body.
- There's a mix of naturalism and stylization that is not, but almost, perfectly achieved in his images of animals on the cover.
- Nord apparently does not understand that justification for methodological naturalism is purely pragmatic.
- Modern scientists have confused these two and believe that science requires philosophical naturalism.
- Substantive epistemological naturalism is the view that all epistemic facts are natural facts.
- Similarly, according to many defenders of naturalism, philosophy is not discontinuous with science.
- He lived in Paris 1910-14 and was influenced by the Expressionistic naturalism of Rodin.
- This is a magical piece of theatre, with a streak of engaging, sly humour and playfulness that takes you into a theatrical world where naturalism and expressionism, realism and surrealism sit side by side.
- Methodological naturalism is nothing more than a description of how science is currently practiced.
- I had always been opposed to naturalism as an explanation of human existence.
- In brief, the message of this government-promoted television series was that philosophical naturalism and science are one and the same.
- When facing the challenge of Darwinian naturalism, three mistakes must be avoided.
- The frenzied opposition to Darwinism today is clearly based upon fear that scientific naturalism will undermine religious faith.
- A supernatural metaphysics has nothing to fear from methodological naturalism.
- Certainly social realism, naturalism and similar conceptions can and have produced great art and literature.
- These artists advocated a move away from modernist styles to a more straightforward naturalism.
- As he demonstrates, scientific naturalism has gradually undermined theological explanations of the world.
- The film's authentic feel derives not from naturalism, nor even from realism in any ordinary sense.
- Gritty realism, social realism, naturalism are among the tags applied to Loach's work.
- Most of the chapter consists of criticisms of Johnson's writings on naturalism and the philosophy of science.
- For contrary to what is commonly believed, modern evolutionary theory and philosophical naturalism are quite clearly incompatible.
- At first sight, the painting seems a piece of outright naturalism but detail indicates all is not what it seems.
- It's just an amazing range - from Greek-like naturalism to total abstraction.
- He riles theistic evolutionists, because he exposes their surrender to Darwinian naturalism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.