In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reserva natural femenino
- Four years ago she received a government grant to turn her land into a recognised nature reserve.
- He reckons otters are breeding in the nature reserve.
- I was going to tell you about the birds in the nature reserve.
- The finished park will include five acres of water, a nature reserve and an open air amphitheatre.
- He called for the creation of a nature reserve to protect the forest and save the black stork.
- He doesn't seem to realise that Richmond Park has been designated a site of scientific interest and a national nature reserve.
- Castle Point Council has sent a warning letter to a company it believes dumped tonnes of rubble onto land earmarked for a nature reserve.
- China has built a nature reserve at the Yarlung Zangbo Grand Canyon recently to protect its biodiversity.
- The approval for the nature reserve came not a moment too soon.
- The nature reserve and reservoir are quite breathtaking and I enjoy walking there and taking in the magnificent scenery.
- An urgent call has gone out for a ban on fishing at a Colchester nature reserve after a swan spent three days tangled in discarded fishing line.
- The nature reserve is home to scores of rare breeds of birds, butterflies and mammals, and is rich in natural history.
- I visited a nature reserve in Queensland once, to see juvenile frogs.
- A cycle path is to be built across a Colchester country park, despite concerns over the impact on the nature reserve.
- At the moment the development will take place on farmland and would not touch the water or the nature reserve to the west of the reservoir.
- John's garden is a nature reserve in itself with little ponds, waterfalls, nest boxes and feeding stations.
- The beach at Philorth, next to a nature reserve, has consistently been rated as one of the cleanest in Scotland.
- People are campaigning against plans for a mobile phone mast in Nelson because they say it will spoil the view of a nature reserve.
- The council feels this land must be acquired if the designation as a nature reserve is to be successful.
- Management of the nature reserve includes hay cutting in late summer followed by cattle grazing in the autumn.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.