In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1historia natural femenino
- Through this project the following subjects were integrated: Irish, English, maths, history, geography, nature study and art.
- This would mean substituting early 19th-century nature study for modern biology.
- Parents bring their children, there is jogging, nature study, outdoor sports, kite flying - indeed, the country park is a leisure centre in itself.
- There are field trips, nature study, and a whole lot of tools for the creative development of the children.
- It was a walk for exercise, not nature study, and I was disposed to get it over with.
- It will be used by local youngsters for nature study classes.
- The children collected leaves from plants such as ferns etc. which will be used for nature study purposes.
- The ages range from 4-6 years and the activities will be painting, nature study, and various sporting events.
- Mountain biking provides an opportunity for nature study and appreciation, and can be enjoyed for a lifetime.
- Two layover days provide opportunities for peak climbs, photography, fishing, or nature study.
- According to O'Kelly, rule one in nature study is to take notes.
- There would be a nature study camp for children aged between 10 and 15 in April and May.
- The surrounding landscape and the golf course no doubt offer great potential for the development of a nature study trail.
- About 30 people met at the nature study centre on Wandsworth Common last Sunday to discuss the issue.
- He is currently designing other attractions such as a nature study walk and fitness trail.
- ‘The school approach to nature study,’ wrote this former school-teacher, ‘is fundamentally unsound.’
- Vocational instruction in agriculture began around 1897 with nature study in the public schools of New York State and elsewhere.
- Originally, outdoor education was used mostly for nature study.
- After her doctorate she taught biology and nature study at a college in New Mexico.
- We were taught a variety of subjects including grammar, nature study, singing, dancing, poetry, French and Latin.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.