nombrePlural nautiluses, Plural nautili
- The shell contains a gas which makes it semi-buoyant, permitting the nautilus to change depth and to swim.
- Geology students recommend you check out the nautilus shells in limestone mounted on the bar.
- The eggs and hatchlings of the chambered nautilus are the largest of all cephalopods.
- Most resorts in Manado can make special arrangements with local fishermen to show you the prehistoric nautilus.
- The aborigines believe that the skeleton of each dead moon drops into the sea and becomes the shell of the chambered nautilus.
- The pearly nautilus is an exception to most generalizations about cephalopods.
- Some patterns in nature are formed by natural growth mechanisms, as with the spiral shape of the nautilus shell.
- Unlike most other cephalopods that have a short life span, the chambered nautilus can live 16 or more years.
- The shape of the museum is like a giant, spiral seashell - a nautilus - made of concrete.
- The beautiful nautilus shell is white to orange, with white stripes and a central, black whorl.