In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With it, she wore a simple purple shirt with a neckline that was not quite low, but by no means modest.
- She had dressed in a thin, blue muslin gown with a low neckline to show off her décolletage.
- The most common type of sweater sold for men, crew neck sweaters are characterized by round, tight-fitting necklines.
- The bodice was subtly ruched and the low neckline showed off her creamy neck and shoulders.
- Cut the garment neckline, sleeves and lower edge to the desired finished length.
- Be aware of what necklines and shapes your partner wears.
- Inappropriate necklines and waistlines can give the wrong impression.
- It looks fantastic on her, but I'm not sure the huge necklace matches the ruffle neckline.
- The dress had a square neckline and flowed all the way down to my ankles.
- Tight black bodices were laced up the front, and the necklines were very low.
- Be sure to staystitch garment edges that might stretch, such as the neckline and armholes.
- At the same time, necklines are falling and hemlines rising.
- She was wearing a lovely dark purple dress with a low neckline and three-quarter sleeves.
- It was a dark purple sleeveless dress, trimmed with lilac beads around the neckline and the hem.
- This particular form of tailoring is tight and tiny, cut with soft, rounded shoulders, open necklines and small waists which are sometimes belted.
- The neckline, waist and edges of the sleeves were adorned with delicate white lace.
- Sleeveless tank tops and any neckline that dares dip below your collarbone are out of the question.
- They usually have a long neckline, which is rolled over once for a better fit.
- There will be lots of beautifully beaded necklines and embroidered bodices.
- With her high necklines and long hemlines, she wasn't getting anybody excited.
- Also, their t-shirts are really good quality - good thickness, lovely cotton, great necklines.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.