In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nectarina femeninopelón masculino Río de la Platadurazno pelado masculino Chile
- White nectarines and peaches are fine, but the yellow nectarine is really something else - smooth-skinned and warmly sweet and the color of sunshine.
- Take three ripe nectarines, pit, then purée with 2 tablespoons kirsch or 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet, add the nectarine flesh, the balsamic vinegar, pepper flakes, cumin seeds and 1 Tbsp lime juice.
- The ones that I make later in the year will have plums, blackberries and peaches and nectarines in them.
- Stonefruit sector spokesman Brian Fulford said some varieties of early peaches and nectarines were in flower but the fruit was not yet set so little damage was expected.
- He loved the way she smelt, like ripe nectarines.
- Trip to the big fruit and veg shop to stock up on such great stuff as watermelon, basil pesto, nectarines, MORE interesting cheese, jam tomatoes, wonderful olives etc.
- A touch of sweetness, plus enticing flavors of jasmine, nectarine, and grapefruit.
- I picked up some fruits on my way home, so I now have at my disposal apricots, peaches, nectarines, lychee fruit, a mango, and assorted berries.
- The arrival of cherries means the dreariness of winter is definitely over, and I can finally look forward to a long, delicious summer of fresh apricots, raspberries, nectarines, peaches, and plums.
- Infestations of grapes are often due to a buildup in other soft fruits such as figs, apricots, peaches, nectarines, or citrus.
- Price recalls she asked for two bananas, four peaches, a nectarine, a cucumber and a garden salad with ranch dressing. ‘But she never touched a thing.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.