In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(careless)negligentethe judge found that he had been negligent — el juez declaró que había sido negligente
- she was negligent about informing the authorities — faltó a su deber de informar a las autoridades
- Her case was that the solicitors had been negligent in that she should have been advised not to execute the mortgage.
- Expert evidence that such an error was negligent would, traditionally, be inadmissible.
- The judge held that the defendants were negligent and in breach of statutory duty and the claim was not statute barred.
- I find the defendants negligent in the manner in which the drip leg was installed.
- In addressing causation following a negligent omission, two questions arise.
- They would still be liable at common law for negligent installation or maintenance.
- It is difficult for the claimant to say that the defendant was negligent in not seeing him, if he had not seen the defendant.
- This is not a case where the first appellant was negligent in the conduct of the operation.
- A number of judges have had to consider how a negligent defendant can be found to have acted reasonably.
- The plaintiffs sued the defendant alleging that he had been negligent in a number of ways.
- The negligent defendant, or more usually his insurer, takes his victim as he finds him.
- Whether a forecast was negligent or not depends upon whether reasonable care was taken in preparing it.
- Amy may argue by analogy with this reasoning that the plaintiff council will have to prove she was negligent.
- The first question is whether at the time of the negligent act or omission a judicial process existed.
- You can point to some negligent act or omission as a result of which somebody gets a dose of a radiation poison.
- It may be that knowledge of such facts will also serve to bring home to him the fact that the defendant has been negligent or at fault.
- After all, this is a case about negligent failure to exercise a statutory power, is it not?
- The employee alleged that the respondent was negligent in failing to warn of the hump.
- The latter may arise from a tortious act other than the negligent use of a motor vehicle.
- Liability for negligent advice is imposed irrespective of whether it is given gratuitously.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.