In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(discussion)negociación femeninoby negotiation — mediante negociaciones / negociación
- the contract is still under negotiation — todavía se está negociando el contrato
- to enter into negotiations/be in negotiation with sb — entrar/estar en negociaciones con algn
- negotiations to secure their release are under way — se han iniciado tratativas para lograr su liberación
- The legal battle follows the collapse of negotiations between the two companies.
- Despite five years of negotiations, both sides could not reach an agreement.
- In human rights agreements, the end point of the negotiations is a common core of human rights to be respected.
- There is nothing to stop us, at the end of this round of negotiations, starting a discussion like that.
- Discussions and negotiations allow children to have some say in what happens to them.
- The road map calls for negotiations between the two sides, leading to a two-state solution.
- They became the peace between wars, held the negotiations between countries.
- It is a forum for negotiations between member governments, a majority of which are elected.
- Now officials have warned that if negotiations reach stalemate today they will resort to legal action.
- In the military impasse that ensued, negotiations between the two sides made little progress.
- It is not known whether they plan to extend the negotiations if no agreement is reached by then.
- As soon as strike action began, the trade unions began negotiations to end the dispute.
- Any improvement in performance will enable it to drive a harder bargain in takeover negotiations.
- In 18 hours of negotiations there was no discussion or mention of a figure for pay.
- It took five months of negotiations between the two parties to have the agreement in place.
- Final figures are still subject to negotiations between museum chiefs and the Treasury.
- Both bodies say they are bound by a non-disclosure agreement while negotiations continue.
- The news is hardly likely to make ongoing negotiations between the board and WIPA any easier.
- All cars attest in some measure to potentially delicate negotiations between function and form.
- There have been many criticisms of arms control and disarmament negotiations and agreements.
2(handling)her skilful negotiation of the obstacles — la habilidad con que salvó / sorteó los obstáculos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.