In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The clinician programme on offer will include cardiology, oncology, neurology, urology and a wide range of other procedures.
- In retirement he and Pauline worked diligently to further medical education in dermatology and neurology in Russia.
- Moreover, basic neuroscience and clinical neurology ranked at the top of the list for difficulty in learning and complexity.
- After training in neurology and ophthalmology he settled on a career in neurophysiology.
- Few men left such an enduring and lasting impression on medicine and neurology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.