- This includes assessment of infection, neuropathy and peripheral vascular disease.
- Other potential causes of peripheral neuropathy were excluded before attributing the peripheral neuropathy to diabetes.
- In other words, aspartame disease can simulate diabetic retinopathy or peripheral neuropathy.
- Assessing the lower limbs for peripheral neuropathy and vascular disease also is important.
- If diabetic neuropathy has damaged the nerves in your legs and feet, you may not be able to feel pain in those parts of your body.