In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Cushing believed that a properly trained neurosurgeon must also be a clinical and experimental neuroscientist, and have a good command of clinical neurology, neuropathology, and neurophysiology.
- He undertook postdoctoral training in neuroendocrinology and neurophysiology at the Brain Research Institute, UCLA, and the Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland.
- During his 5 years in Bonn, Waller turned to his second major focus in neurophysiology, the autonomic nervous system.
- The 10 other respondents were from a wide range of disciplines, including academia, radiology, endocrinology, and clinical neurophysiology.
- When the findings in these specialties are applied to medicine as part of an integrated scientific field, the concept of behavioral science expands to include neuroanatomy and neurophysiology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.