1nuncajamáshe never helps — nunca ayuda
- I've never heard anything like it! — ¡nunca / jamás he oído nada semejante!
- never in all my life have I been so insulted — en mi vida me habían insultado de ese modo
- never in a million years did I think I'd win — jamás (en la vida) pensé que iba a ganar
- never again will I try to help her — jamás volveré a tratar de ayudarla
- never again would she see his face — nunca más volvería a verlo
- never before had she experienced such pain — nunca había sentido tanto dolor
- we need our allies as never before — necesitamos a nuestros aliados como nunca / más que nunca
- it's never happened yet — hasta ahora, nunca ha sucedido
- She said she has never heard of a single errant cyclist being brought to book in Kingston.
- She leapt out of bed and made him swear never ever to say anything like that again or it would put her off.
- He said he'd never had any experience with this and no one had ever raised this before.
- According to them we never think about money and don't even know what an overdraft is.
- It was a decade of my life that I will always hold dear to my heart and a time that will never be forgotten.
- Nothing like this has ever happened in the area before and probably never will again.
- He had never told his parents and only many years later told relatives what happened.
- I've taken a lot of trips but never something that's taken so much to get to one place.
- By the time four days had elapsed I just thought that was it and I would never see it again.
- He had never been late for training and if he was ever running late he would ring to let us know.
- I used to drive past it all the time in a previous job but never went into the grounds.
- William had been on their minds ever since he left but he was never a topic between them.
- She could never have such faith in the future, and that is why she chose not to have children.
- Flora also talks of her hopes for the future and how she feels about the father she has never met.
- Luke lives with his parents and grandparents on a farm that has never been painted.
- My visits to the cinema never stretch beyond the odd foray to the Glasgow film theatre.
- There was never a shortage in the past and it's too early to blame the lack of kids out playing.
- We should not be so foolish as to believe these things will never return in the future.
- Throughout all this he never ever showed any remorse or any emotion for what he had done.
- All very spooky and enough to make you never want to go near some parts of the Park ever again.
2.1(used for emphasis)she said she'd call but she never did — dijo que llamaría pero no llamó
- really? I never knew that — ¿ah sí? no sabía
- they never once thanked me — no me dieron las gracias ni una vez
- she never so much as said hello — ni siquiera saludó
- this will never do! — ¡esto no puede ser!
- never fear: Peter's here — no se preocupen que aquí estoy yo
2.2informal (expressing incredulity)I walked all the way — never! — hice todo el camino a pie — ¡no me digas! / ¿en serio?
- I told her everything — you never did! — se lo conté todo — ¡no te creo! / ¡mentira!
- he did it! — he never! — lo logró — ¡no! / ¡mentira!
- What me? Never!