In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nunca jamás literario
- He added that former presidents are ‘like discontented ghosts, sighing for a place which they were destined nevermore to possess.’
- As far as I can tell, the two slates used to be effectively one, but nevermore.
- It goes without saying that South Park is a phenomenon fueled almost entirely by a coy balance of subversion and candor, and nevermore has that meld been on more beautiful display than when its crude primary color cut-outs are set to music.
- In 2000, he used the same technique on the Ravens defense, which said nevermore, holding opponents to a league-record 165 points.
- I could say that he is stuck in Mattoon, in the past, and this quiet obsession with what is gone and can be nevermore is sad, almost tragic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.