also Newfoundland dog
- This would be boring, if not for a cameo by a Newfoundland named Josh, last year's Westminster winner.
- This has been the case with three of the Newfoundlands I've adopted, who've been wonderful, healthy pets.
- I met with one of the most extraordinary phenomena that I ever saw, or heard of: - Mr Sellers has in his yard a large Newfoundland dog, and an old raven.
- Curly is a cheerful Newfoundland dog purchased by Francois and Perrault, whom Buck first meets aboard the Narwhal.
- Worton owner Christine Bodman's Newfoundland dog, Lobo, whose pedigree name is Sheridel Luciano of Acara, also did well, taking second place in the special junior section of his class.
- Suddenly, Jupiter opens the front door of the house and an enormous Newfoundland dog runs inside and happily jumps upon the narrator, licking his face eagerly.
- Overall it looked like a great snake, a large Newfoundland dog, a steam yacht (although traveling too fast to be one), a horse, a Florida manatee, a submarine periscope, a whale, etc., etc.
- The Missouri was remarkable for its ‘sinuosity’; it meandered over a wide bottom, ever sculpting the valley environment for a wonderful diversity of wildlife, including blue catfish larger than a Newfoundland dog.
- A large black Newfoundland dog entered the room by walking in through the waterfall.
- Wendy, John and Michael are the children of Mr and Mrs Darling and their nurse is a Newfoundland dog called Nana.
- Even Lewis's Newfoundland dog, Seaman, suffered from needle grass barbs.
- It features Milo, a glorious Newfoundland dog, cradling another hapless victim of the turbulent waters off New England's Egg Rock lighthouse.
- The book details the expedition's planning, its adventures and discoveries, and its aftermath, focusing especially on the exploits of Seaman, Meriweather Lewis's Newfoundland dog.
- Swimming pools used Newfoundlands as lifeguards.
- The two Newfoundland dogs are regular fixtures at the pelican crossing near the school where retired Hampshire policeman Tony works on weekdays - so much so that they are said to be part of the school.
- While there are no official numbers on how many Newfoundlands are certified in water search-and-recovery, Gundersen estimates there are less than 50 throughout the United States.
- No, he's not a Newfoundland, but a small golden retriever mix.
- I now sat, still in the blue evening gown I'd worn for the performance, covered in Band-Aids, curled in the beanbag chair in my living room, Schu, my loveable Newfoundland dog, collapsed at my feet.
- He brought his son Jack, 12, along with their giant Newfoundland dog, Rose.
- And no, I'm not a surly Canadian; the name just refers to my big, black Newfoundland dog.