In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1boletín informativo masculino
- At about 1: 40 pm, the programme was interrupted for a news flash (or news bulletin, as we called them here).
- As the nation held its breath and the local broadcaster held its evening news bulletin, Waugh drilled the final ball of the day through the covers, punched the air, and secured his immortality.
- As you remember, it begins as the interruption of a broadcast of a concert from a club by a news bulletin reporting the sighting of what is perhaps the crash of a meteor.
- For the first time in the history of a Malayalam television channel, there will also be an English news bulletin.
- In markets and tea shops, the news bulletin flashed from transistor radios in Arabic and Urdu, Dari and Pashto.
- The police investigation had taken three years and the court case ran for over two months thereby making it a particularly intricate story to sum up within the confines of a television news bulletin.
- My son Jeremy called out to me to rush over and watch a news bulletin on television.
- However, Bulgarian National Television has a news bulletin in Turkish at 5.10 pm.
- On a recent radio news bulletin, it was reported that the Metropolitan Police has denounced road humps for the damage they are doing to its vehicles.
- The Guidelines contain fine words, and they are breached by every BBC news bulletin, every day of the year.
- When he got home, Jenny was watching a special news bulletin.
- On the television was a news bulletin that several Police officers had been killed as they tried to lift a siege of a neighbourhood.
- Right in the middle of dinner, a news bulletin came on on the television.
- Just who do the council think they are, telling us we're not allowed to report any disagreements with them in our branch news bulletin?
- My favourite story comes from a BBC Scotland television news bulletin.
- We interrupt this program to bring you a special news bulletin.
- And then you have questions of scale - is a news bulletin a programme?
- As he broadcasts his news, the latest news bulletin is posted online.
- Mr Graves said on a television news bulletin on Monday night that he had seen children playing with the papers.
- Distressed employees at the troubled Sara Lee factory in Killarney have rounded on management after learning on a radio news bulletin that they are to lose their jobs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.