In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1a newsy letter — una carta llena de novedades
- If you have anything of interest you would like to share with our readers, newsy items, birthdays, or anniversary greetings, etc., Kay Byrne would like to hear from you.
- Between links to sites selling organic cotton T-shirts and handbags made from reclaimed plastic bags are newsy posts - such as one on Safeway's shift to renewable energy - to guide the discriminating green consumer.
- This, along with the publication of many newsy items that would not likely be published elsewhere, has certainly benefited all of us who read it.
- Five minutes tells you whether it's a newsy day or not.
- When she could no longer write newsy notes to a long list of friends, she clipped photos out of the Montrose newspaper and sorted them into envelopes for Paul to mail.
- It consumes all our attention because as soon as one event begins to lose its newsy edge along comes another.
- Her newsy notes make it clear they've been tearing up the trails in Seattle and wherever they go.
- An uncle wrote newsy letters to his nephew at college.
- All of this translates into interesting fodder for newsy features or even hard news.
- Now, here is the newsy part: Bangalore is all set to celebrate this big day in a big way.
- Today's show is on ‘Teacher Power,’ but the first few minutes are a newsy bit, and that's when I'm on.
- The first objective, newsy article on blogging I've seen in a mainstream paper comes from The Irish Times.
- But starting with the least newsy section of the news could be a good place to start.
- Also in the ‘good idea’ category, Laurie Writes comes up with great suggestion for keeping in touch with all those people you are meaning to write a good newsy email to, one of these days.
- There are new publications, as always, but basically this is a brief review article presented with a misleadingly newsy sort of flavor.
- I do love my Mum and look forward to her newsy letters, but the chances of me getting Alzheimer Disease also depends on family history.
- And we have not lived in the existence of CNN in the 22, 23 years almost, that CNN has been on the air in as newsy an environment as we are now.
- We want to be of service to our community, to become a clearing house for newsy features of all aspects of living in Japan.
- Jokes today are also less visual and far more newsy than they were 40 years ago, when cartoonists could not expect news events to enter the popular consciousness quickly.
- This one, which strikes us as quite newsy, and has even appeared in a real newspaper, for example, only shows up via the newspaper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.