In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(amiability) amabilidad femenino(friendliness) simpatía femenino
- Her determination, dedication and sheer niceness won her many friends.
- ‘It just makes you feel taller,’ says Forrest, who notes that niceness and kindness are often confused.
- Anthony's niceness and kindness acts as a catalyst on the other kids.
- She just has an affability about her and a niceness about her that permeates everything she does.
- We did little to help him and, charmed by McGrath's niceness, we protected him and allowed him to get away with it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.