In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1clases nocturnas femenino
- Although I did not leave school and join politics, I believed in social service and started a night school in a slum at the sea front, and ran it for several years.
- I felt like I was in a night school for immigrants trying to learn enough to become citizens.
- So he went back to the books, attended night school, and graduated in law from Golden Gate University in San Francisco in 1956.
- During that time, he went to night school at the University of Maryland, College Park, where he studied government and politics.
- In addition to being a cookery trainee, I did two evenings at night school to add to my academic qualifications.
- Born in Mossenberg, he completed an apprenticeship as a salesman, completing his high school exams at night school.
- He is now attending a night school, grabbing every minute possible to prepare for the entrance examination to be held in ‘black July.’
- Meanwhile, Paula teaches a night school creative writing class, but winds up paying more attention to the dark, mysterious James Dean type in her class
- I have always wanted to be an actress, but for the first 6 months that I have been in New York, I worked as a Mathematics teacher at a night school.
- She had made up her mind, that for the past few years she had taught herself how to work at a computer, was considering going to a night school, and they talked about safe places for her to go.
- He earned the money to do so by teaching at a night school for miners.
- Restless, he decided to go to night school to get a high school education, and he then gained acceptance for teacher training.
- In 1903, as the only black principal in the city, he started an adult night school to equip blacks for the harshness of city life.
- I've thought about starting a for-profit night school or continuing-education school.
- He also went to night school and graduated from high school six months early, all so he could go racing.
- Afterwards, to get my degree, I finished another two years with night school and summer school.
- But the night school's manager and a member of its finance committee dismissed the charges, saying the allegations were politically motivated.
- He plays a put-upon bank clerk responsible for putting truckloads of cash in the safe every night; but he's also a samba enthusiast, teaching Latin dance at a local night school.
- It appears that the first corporate university was created in the United States in the 1920s by General Motors when it acquired a night school that trained workers from the automobile industry.
- She used to attend the village night school when Barefoot College introduced the Bal Sansad, or the Children's Parliament.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.