In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nueve masculino(in baseball) equipo masculinosee also four
- Eight of the nine factions in the House expressed support for discussing the protocol with government officials.
- The Tigers have made 24 league visits to York and in that series of games, City have won nine times, Hull eight with seven draws.
- A four-block scheme of two two-bedroom and two three-bedroom houses can be erected in eight to nine days.
- I think it is probable that if encouraged to do so, they would flower eight or nine months out of the twelve.
- They were all jailed for between eight and nine years.
- I ended up needing more yarn than quoted in the pattern - nine skeins instead of eight, which is a touch critical with a yarn like that.
- The USA has given nine gifts, with eight coming from China.
- On each of Peckwater's nine staircases there are eight suites of rooms consisting of a spacious sitting room, with two small bedrooms.
- There are currently 13 Conservative councillors, eight Independents and nine Liberal Democrats.
- Ten mice with the defect thrived after receiving the drug and never developed an arrhythmia, while eight out of nine untreated animals died.
- Apparently, things are getting tense in central Auckland, as there have been nine contenders for eight frequencies.
- Last season, he had four touchdowns and nine interceptions in eight games.
- Finns drink twice as much as they did in 1970-the equivalent of more than nine litres of pure alcohol per person each year.
- It's only classics that you've seen eight or nine productions of as a reviewer.
- Although none of them feature on the leaderboard, it was a productive day for eight of the nine Scots who made the halfway cut.
- Mainscale production has to be the key and we need to be thinking of eight or nine mainscale productions every year.
- Eight of the nine town councillors present, voted to accept the proposed budget, presented by the finance committee.
- At nine and eight years old respectively, both horses should be well equipped for the job, although the starting stalls might come as a bit of a shock.
- According to the spokesperson, among those rescued were eight girls and nine women who have been held in the bush since 1996.
- Bobby will be sitting to my left, to the congregation's right, and he will be approximately eight to nine rows back.
1(invariable adjective) nuevenine out of ten people agree — nueve de cada diez personas están de acuerdo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.