In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dióxido de nitrógeno masculino
- Increases in ozone, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide are blamed primarily on the motorist.
- Levels of nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide and sulphur dioxide remained at a normally low level.
- Free radicals such as nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide show weak attractions toward magnetic fields - they are called paramagnetic.
- In these reactions the ozone reacts with nitric oxide to produce nitrogen dioxide.
- Nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide were chemically assayed as nitrite from sorbent tubes by using spectrophotometry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.