In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ácido nitroso masculino
- Some substances are capable of acting either as reductants or as oxidants, e.g., hydrogen peroxide and nitrous acid.
- Products must undergo rigorous tests, which examine chemical residue, veterinary residue, fish residue, heavy metal, hormone, nitrous acid, additives and microorganism.
- Secondary amines react with nitrous acid to give nitroso compounds, pale yellow oils that are insoluble in water.
- There are various other types of equally forgotten Victorian batteries: some best forgotten as they gave off toxic nitrous acid fumes and could only be used in well-ventilated areas.
- Nitrite ions also present a more acute toxicity toward the photosynthetic apparatus especially in their acid form, nitrous acid, which can diffuse freely across membranes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.