In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(car) práctico y funcional(car) sin lujos(flight) barato(design) sencillo
- But the consumer magazine also noted that people rated the no-frills carriers slightly worse than two years ago.
- Many business executives now shun the major airlines and favour the no-frills operators.
- Manchester Airport is negotiating to get its first no-frills airline.
- Combined with hip TV advertising, the no-frills brand has become ultra trendy.
- The company thrives on offering cheap, no-frills food products and household goods.
- That meant continuing to operate short-haul flights, in competition with no-frills carriers.
- He said private insurers will have to offer consumers an inexpensive, no-frills plan.
- Rationing, which existed until 1951, was still in place and the diet consisted of basic, no-frills meals.
- The growth of no-frills airlines is likely to lead to a dip in the number of people taking package holidays next year, according to new research.
- Even with partners on low incomes they can choose a no-frills life and stay home instead of outsourcing childcare when children are very young.
- The no-frills principle is being applied to the cinema chain.
- The new no-frills bank will concentrate on consumer credit and mortgages and will initially focus on the UK market.
- The future of no-frills airlines may be the subject of much speculation in Europe, but Asia is happily embracing the phenomenon.
- She's seen as adding a touch of glamour to the no-frills market.
- They will find it a friendly, efficient place, which serves low-cost, no-frills food.
- Millions of extra seats will be available during the summer as no-frills carriers begin new routes.
- Major carriers at the airport are taking on their no-frills competitors with a range of low-cost fares on domestic and European routes.
- Alternatively, you can arrange cheap flights through one of the no-frills airlines and find hotel accommodation when you arrive.
- The airline said it would restructure its European short-haul business to compete with no-frills carriers.
- Cheap flights on no-frills airlines are helping to fuel a boom in the northwest's tourist trade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.