In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(person proposed)candidato masculinocandidata femenino
- All the nominees for these awards are inspiring because they have succeeded in making a mark.
- She is a nominee in three awards and I pray that they won't give it to her because of the circumstances.
- Vice presidential nominees rarely sway this or that national demographic group.
- And that base is especially strong in the primary elections that determine the nominee for President.
- Five nominees were shortlisted from candidates put forward by the area boards.
- Ms Roche said the other 11 nominees for the award should also be congratulated.
- What do the presidential nominees need to do to counter public skepticism?
- Over 190 selected nominees will receive site visits and be interviewed by the jury.
- Tom was selected from a distinguished list of nominees for the honour.
- Now we were very keen to hear the thoughts of some of the Orwell Award nominees, but our offers were largely declined.
- Usually the Senate confirms presidential nominees who will work for the president.
- No social science laureate was awarded this year as nominees did not meet the qualifications.
- Both the Republican and Democratic presidential nominees criticized the raid.
- Other leading Democrats echoed the views of the majority of would-be presidential nominees.
- He was able to defeat the Democratic Party, and become the Presidential nominee.
- To protect the integrity of the awards, the nominees are also decided by the academy.
- This is a refreshing and vital departure for a Green Party presidential nominee.
- He may not be the presidential nominee, but, for practical political purposes, he might as well be.
- Further details of the Orange Rising Star Award nominees are as follows
- All the more reason for care in selecting the presidential nominee of the Democratic Party.
1.2(person appointed) persona nombrada femeninoPolítica (candidate) candidato masculino EEUUPolítica (candidate) candidata femenino EEUU
2nominee account — cuenta nominal femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.