In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que no engordano engordante
- The new regulations have put an end to that and the good things is that, if the laws are changed, we will be able to sell this tasty, non-fattening meat all the year round.
- Fill the belly with non-fattening food and the hunger pangs will be less.
- It's a fragrant, non-fattening feast for the senses that can also be absolutely affordable, if the flowers come right from your own back yard.
- ‘Anywhere else in the world that I go to, the racecourses supply non-fattening foods including fruit and salads,’ says Smullen.
- If you need to put something in your mouth chew sugar-free gum or something healthy and non-fattening.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.