In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Permission is granted to distribute text or graphics only with proper attribution for non-commercial purposes only.
- Much like the early days of browsing, most work on the web was non-commercial.
- This has been due to commercial content on programming submitted for our non-commercial channels.
- Some noncommercial efforts to design more general databases merit particular mention; three of the most promising are described next.
- My offense seems to have been spreading noncommercial messages in a capitalist environment.
- One of his future projects, however, includes making a non-commercial art film.
- For strictly non-commercial use of the software, you may prefer to license the software under the non-commercial use license.
- The law required satellite TV services to reserve at least 4 percent of their programming capacity for noncommercial, educational channels.
- The needs of non-commercial research were considered only at a late stage.
- They permit a creator to authorize some noncommercial use without giving copyright away completely.
- Most of the tools mentioned are free for non-commercial use.
- Its non-commercial placement cell helps its students by tapping job opportunities in leading companies.
- A real Digital Britain strategy would seek to change the law to legalise noncommercial, transformative use.
- There were many nice non-commercial displays of minerals to view at the Convention Center.
- Microsoft also promised not to sue open source developers who distribute non-commercial implementations of Microsoft software.
- Antarctica has been visited only by expeditions with primarily scientific or other non-commercial objectives.
- The governor allowed some non-commercial instincts to prevail where business was not opposed.
- The decision stated that the Mohawks of Akwesasne have the Aboriginal right to carry non-commercial goods across the border without paying duty.
- Tax incentives should be created to aid in the development of new, community-based, noncommercial broadcasting outlets.
- You should have a minimum of three years work experience with managerial responsibilities, gained from commercial or non-commercial organisations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.