In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If non-contagious illnesses were seen as having similarly broad consequences, the debate over guaranteed health care would long ago have ended in favor of providing it.
- The manual contains vital information on non-contagious diseases, first aid methods, and diet charts for women, young girls and newborns.
- The non-contagious disease affects horses and humans and can be fatal to the elderly and those with weakened immune systems.
- Zhejiang is now the fourth province in China to have officially opened the door to non-contagious Hepatitis B carriers.
- Faye Stuart died in hospital five days after she was struck down by pneumococcal meningitis, a rare and non-contagious form of the disease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.