1(not any, not one)ningunoningunaI tried to get tickets, but there were none left — traté de comprar entradas pero no quedaba ninguna / ni una
- any objections? — none at all — ¿tienes alguna objeción? — no, ninguna
- none of us know / knows her — ninguno de nosotros la conoce
- none of my suggestions was / were accepted — no aceptaron ninguna de mis sugerencias
- we want none of your sarcastic comments — guárdate tus comentarios sarcásticos
- They have added to the traffic queues, indeed created queues at times and places where none existed before.
- Other parties too have done the same thing in the past, but none was as effective as the BJP.
- I have searched the shelves for either packet or tinned pumpkin soup but alas there is none!
- Inventing a pattern where there is none is something that stories and conspiracy theories have in common.
- I also did not like having my patience appreciated when I clearly had none.
- We have already got a bank for bottles, plastic and clothes, but none for newspapers.
- None of the deaths certified as due to old age was assessed by a necropsy, and none had a coroner's inquest.
- There were none, except perhaps the slight lift of an eyebrow as he noticed Cory's gaze.
- By 1946 there were none, as there were virtually none anywhere in Eastern Europe.
- They asked for a reason why the prosecution was discontinued, but have been given none.
- He had hoped to receive parking permits for residents but none were forthcoming.
- I have no problem with the concept of publishing as a commercial enterprise; none whatever.
- Mr Bradbury was later informed that the alcohol in his blood was under the limit - not that there was none.
- There are a lot of his songs that I've grown attached to but none have been able to touch me like this song.
- It's beginning to build an activist community in a city where previously there was none.
- Despite the pledges and promises of money, none had actually materialised.
- None of the interviewees were qualified to answer, since none were spokesmen for the NFU.
- They are all inventive and attractive, though none make for instant easy listening, or playing.
- Days went by, and the women had plenty of meat, but the old woman always told her son that there was none.
- Hopefully there will be none because everyone else will be gobsmacked at your arrogance.
2(no amount or part)did you buy any milk? there's none left — ¿compraste leche? no hay más / se ha acabado
- we wanted caviar, but there was none to be had — queríamos caviar pero no había (por ningún lado)
- does she have any experience? — none that I know of — ¿tiene experiencia? — que yo sepa no
3literario(no person, no thing)I fear none — no le temo a nadie
- Pearl's cream: there's none better — crema Pearl: la mejor
- Everybody is fully aware of this fact but none demonstrates determination to tackle it.
- If Donie was the man of the match then there were heroes as well and none more so than goalie Colm Munnelly.
- Not only did none of them show up, but none sent me as much as a postcard of good wishes.
- Airport paramedics treated the injured passengers at the scene but none was thought to be seriously hurt.
- Many others have rarely bothered and none has tried hard enough or often enough.
- Later, 26 children and one teacher went to hospital, but none was seriously injured.
- There will be none to deny that in the rich variety of its attractions it has few equals.
- He said that so many people loved her and looked out for her, none more so than the owner and staff of Equinox.
- None of the volunteers reported discomfort, and none experienced cutaneous irritation.
- To my sorrow and sadness nobody recognized me and there was none to honour me as your lover at your gate.
- Yet none imaged that a man so full of life would meet such an untimely death.
- Many people have been affected deeply by his passing but none more so than his immediate family.
- Police said there were three casualties, but none had suffered anything more than minor injuries.
4uso criticado(any)I don't get along with none of my family — de mi familia no me llevo bien con nadie
1none the not, in no way (with comparative)he looks none the better for his vacation — las vacaciones no parecen haberle hecho nada de bien
2EEUU uso criticado(with negative) nadait didn't hurt none — no me dolió nada