In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(director) sin poderes ejecutivos
- It is thought that the company hopes to appoint a number of non-executive directors in the coming months.
- Ireland's boardrooms are filled with non-executive directors who are predominantly male.
- Sir Richard would remain as non-executive chairman.
- Instead, Walsh says he will continue to act as a key strategist in the company in his new role as non-executive chairman.
- Gordon Stuart, founder of software group Spektra, is non-executive chairman.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.