In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1no intervención femenino
- The policy of government non-intervention has remained popular since the 19th century, and is likely to play an important role in economic policy making in the future.
- ‘International law promotes non-intervention in internal matters, but there can be exceptions,’ he says.
- A return to the traditional conservative values of non-intervention and prudence is called for.
- The key factor making war a more attractive option than diplomacy is the collapse of any popular support for the principle of non-intervention.
- As this line erodes, the principle of non-intervention must also weaken.
- Furthermore many armies have a long and determined tradition of non-intervention in civil affairs.
- Italy intervened on the side of Franco, while the French government followed a policy of non-intervention.
- The crucial choice - of non-intervention, sanctions, or war - will ultimately be dictated by national interests alone.
- This competitive logic of power politics makes agreement on universal principles difficult, apart from the principle of non-intervention in the internal affairs of other sovereign states.
- Four weeks later, the Labour leaders declared that the Spanish government should have the right to buy arms and in 1937 both the Labour Party and the TUC condemned the policy of non-intervention.
- The ideological dispute between absolutists proclaiming a right of intervention to suppress revolutions and liberals proclaiming a doctrine of non-intervention made little difference in practice.
- However, the mission marks another dramatic shift away from a general policy of non-intervention in the affairs of sovereign nations.
- This demonstrates clearly the problem encountered when reconciling self-determination with territorial integrity and the principle of non-intervention in domestic affairs of States.
- The effectiveness of an intervention has to be judged relative to non-intervention.
- It is one of the masks worn by English surrealist artists in a protest against the British government policy of non-intervention.
- Watson sees all this as good, making a sustained argument against the excesses of sovereignty and non-intervention in international society, and in favour of more acceptance of hegemonial authority.
- Moreover, collective security had been developed within the framework of a clearly defined inter-state order enshrining principles of sovereignty and non-intervention.
- This is not an easy conundrum to resolve and each tactic - intervention and non-intervention - carries risks.
- One certain consequence was that Britain and Russia agreed on a future policy of non-intervention, thus making it possible for China to reassert its authority.
- So does humanitarian intervention violate the UN Charter's acceptance of the principle of non-intervention in the domestic affairs of another sovereign state?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.