In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1right now inflation is a nonissue — en estos momentos la inflación no es un asunto de importancia
- The only issues that are tackled here are the non-issues.
- I am sure none of the Hindus think that such non-issues are more important than what really matters.
- Some issues are non-issues driven by misinformation, incorrect interpretation or bad communication.
- The rise of genetic engineering - with its capacity to filter out genetic defects in children - has in fact really made the matter a non-issue.
- With significantly lower prices, replacement becomes a non-issue.
- Avoid cruel and violent people, as they tend to take up cudgels with you on non-issues.
- Are these non-issues or something John would prefer to gloss over?
- But it's a complete non-issue among politicians and journalists alike.
- On the contrary, many people who have no quarrel with having liquor served with meals often treat the matter as a non-issue.
- They would have been little non-issues on any other days.
- They just find some non-issues to attack each other with, lest the voters get confused as to who is who.
- In politics issues are created out of non-issues.
- The conclusion was that media was creating an issue out of a non-issue.
- I haven't said much about this, because it is a total non-issue.
- The best way to dodge pressing and challenging issues is to get the people fixated on non-issues.
- In normal circumstances, perhaps I would agree that it should be a non-issue.
- And that can happen because the entire issue is a non-issue, one that ought to be set aside.
- Like all his failed projects, it has become a non-issue.
- By making issues non-issues, the novel lacks a punch, and the characters remain partially inflated.
- Why chase non-issues when there are much more serious matters at hand?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.