In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fuera de la liga
- Conference clubs, meanwhile, are contemplating a second division of their own for leading non-league clubs.
- Pittsburgh will not leave its city limits for a nonleague road game.
- Outside the masochism of the Maul Invitational, Michigan State will play just two nonleague games against big-name opponents.
- In May 1997, an energy drink manufacturer advertised its product on nasal strips worn by non-league Chelmsford City.
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has heard the only way to succeed in the NCAA Tournament is to play an excruciatingly difficult non-league schedule.
- Brazilian soccer legend Socrates arrived in Yorkshire last night ahead of his eagerly anticipated debut for a non-league team.
- Mason helped Yorkshire to a 12-6 victory over Lincolnshire in the annual non-league meeting at Elsham.
- Brazilian footballing legend Socrates has helped turn humble Garforth Town into the most talked-about non-league team in the world this week.
- Murray State has flown four times, all to non-league games.
- Three years ago he feared his career was tailing off… at best in the lower divisions, possibly even in the non-league ranks.
- The Bantams romped to a 5-win at non-league Harrogate Town last night.
- A talented team can win a lot of games without exceptional playmaking, especially against overmatched non-league opponents.
- I thought we had done a good job of scheduling tough nonleague games.
- I do, however, follow my local non-league side.
- The season starts here for many of the York-area non-league clubs with the pre-season friendly schedules getting under way.
- Ellison is no stranger to Tigers manager Peter Taylor, he took him from non-league Altrincham to Leicester City back in 2001.
- I really don't want to play any more non league games.
- The pen pics paint a colourful picture of life at The Spartans Football Club, the non-league team currently defying the odds.
- Bury welcome Tyldesley to the Radcliffe Road ground tomorrow in a non-league fixture, kick-off 2.30 pm.
- The long road to Cardiff's Millennium Stadium - rather than Wembley - begins tomorrow for a number of non-league clubs in the region.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.