In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(not from living matter)inorgánico
- During a trial recently, the bale-press processing machine could only process nonorganic waste, she said.
- All waste, from organic to nonorganic, goes into one channel, such as a gutter.
- Kubrick and Shahni's visual surfaces are highly decorative; they integrate the human with the non-organic surfaces of everyday objects and spaces and in Shahani's case, with nature as well.
- Some aspects of lawn care require the usage of both organic and non-organic products.
- I'm sure the response will be that even bacteria are highly complex organisms, and relative to non-organic entities, that may be true.
- Although in practice this may be true, consumption of non-organic materials is probably a by-product of their foraging.
2(not involving organic methods)no biológicono orgánico
- ‘Organic products are very different from non-organic products, so differentiating between the two is easy for us,’ she says.
- Livestock fed with non-organic feed would ultimately be able to carry the organic label.
- People with allergies to chemical ingredients in some non-organic products benefit from the organic labels.
- Eliminate all instant coffee and non-organic tea.
- I know they have to do this so it doesn't get mixed up with the non-organic produce, but it is still irritating.
- Unfortunately, in many cases quality was not part of the equation, and customers preferred the much better-tasting non-organic varieties.
- Farmers in both the organic and non-organic sectors are making real progress in tackling the environmental issues we all face.
- Lindane is found in most non-organic chocolate.
- At Organic Jungle, Patel's chicken and turkey wraps are priced at about $7.50, while other restaurants sell similar, non-organic lunches for a couple dollars cheaper.
- They are less likely to be tainted with the chemical residues that lace non-organic, intensively reared meat.
- Certified growers need help in tracking down organic seed sources of the varieties they want to grow, and in documenting due diligence in attempting to do so before planting non-organic seed.
- It saves us a lot of time not having to worry about organic and non-organic product getting mixed up.
- While non-organic wheat brings in $2.25 to $2.50 a bushel, organic fetches between $6.50 and $7 a bushel.
- In 1998, Consumer Reports published the results of a study that tested 1,000 pounds of organic and non-organic produce.
- Look out for the authorised non-organic ingredients listed on the label.
- In fact sales of organic baby food have risen by nearly six per cent, compared with a slight decline in non-organic baby food.
- The fish are stocked at one-third of the density of non-organic fish.
- In addition to his organic crops, Klinge raises non-organic feeder cattle in a small feedlot for Laura's Lean Beef, a natural beef company based in Kentucky.
- They don't, for instance, use antibiotics, a common practice in non-organic dairy farms.
- What's your system for keeping organic and non-organic produce from getting mixed up?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.