In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Reduce watering chores by choosing light-colored, non-porous containers such as plastic or glazed pottery.
- This marker is permanent on porous and non-porous surfaces and will write on just about anything.
- The shell itself is a three-layer non-porous, breathable membrane.
- This layer is non-porous, generally wet and cold, and a poor soil for root growth.
- Artificial casings are apt to be non-porous, which hinders the blending of flavours in dishes where sausages are cooked with other ingredients.
- Tiles are made in porous and non-porous varieties.
- This is a plus since the glaze makes them non-porous, requiring less water during hot weather.
- Available in 24 colors, the brightly colored ink will wash out of most clothing, as well as off skin and most non-porous surfaces.
- The powdery material has the same composition as the hard, non-porous red-orange laminae.
- But they're also non-porous, easy to care for and highly resistant to stains.
- My dad explained to me that this works because the plastic has a non-porous finish that bacteria can't stick to, so it can't grow as easily.
- They work well on absorbent papers but won't dry on non-porous surfaces.
- These topcoats are highly flexible, non-porous, extremely scratch resistant, and strengthened by exposure to moisture.
- All cultured marble, onyx and granite products have a gel coat finish that provides a non-porous, stain resistant surface.
- When removing non-porous wallpaper such as vinyl, be sure to score the paper to allow the steam of the wallpaper steamer to penetrate.
- Prime your countertops with a primer specially made for non-porous surfaces!
- So, the company began using the wood, which is hard and non-porous, to make chopsticks and bowls.
- In extreme cases, the resulting dolostones are essentially non-porous and impermeable.
- The material is non-porous and naturally resistant to a number of stains, so routine maintenance typically involves only washing with a damp cloth.
- Simply prime it with a product specifically made for non-porous surfaces.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.