In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In this manner air service to Liberia's north-west began, non-scheduled at first and later scheduled.
- Westair Aviation and Comav are holders of a non-scheduled air transport license, a scheduled air transport licence and an aerial works air service licence.
- In addition, there were 16,000 non-scheduled aircraft movements during 2003; up from 12,000 the previous year.
- On Friday afternoon, rain was soaking the entire East Coast, and the non-scheduled pilots headed to the club.
- Canadian and foreign airlines must hold an international scheduled or non-scheduled license issued by the CTA in order to operate services to and from Canada.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.