In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Each genetic insertion creates the added possibility that formerly non-toxic elements in the food could become toxic.
- It is non-toxic and relatively safe, with few side effects.
- Officials say they believe it's a non-toxic material, but say they are keeping the airport closed until they identify it positively.
- This interpretation is very worrying for environmentalists because it fails to distinguish between toxic and non-toxic products.
- All the ingredients are non-toxic and safe to use around pets, children and wildlife.
- Dr Duke says cultivating a non-toxic variety, and then growing a crop for oil, could reduce concerns about the weed.
- The artist is quick to point out than the paint he uses is non-toxic, non - radioactive and non-carcinogenic.
- Homoeopathic medicines are safe, non-toxic, non-addictive and easy to take.
- The database included toxic and non-toxic compounds.
- It's safe, non-toxic and highly effective in attacking dirt, oil and grease.
- If you want an effective non-toxic control for snails and insects in your garden, consider one or two Muscovy ducks.
- The dose level selected for the present study was non-toxic and safe.
- The batteries have a long life and are non-toxic.
- Scrapstore collects clean, re-usable, non-toxic waste from businesses and makes it available to the local community.
- If you had a choice, wouldn't you prefer to use products that contain safe and non-toxic ingredients?
- Keep simple, non-toxic pest and disease control products on hand.
- The £1.50 product, which cost thousands of pounds to develop, is made of non-toxic chemicals.
- It is also non-toxic and hypo-allergenic to livestock and humans.
- Resulting solids are landfilled and the non-toxic liquid can be treated in a variety of ways depending on scale.
- Green tea is generally considered a safe, non-toxic beverage and consumption is usually without side-effects.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.