In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Special permission, in person, is required, and passes are non-transferable.
- There should likewise be the option to make authentication non-transferable.
- This voucher is not for re-sale, is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Entry is by a non-transferable invitation, and parents have to accompany the kids.
- The prizes are non-negotiable and non-transferable.
- Some firms will only warrant their product for a few years; others offer a lifetime warranty, but one that is non-transferable.
- At the same time the appellant purchased two non-refundable, non-transferable air tickets.
- The prize is non-transferable, and will only be awarded to the winner.
- The upshot is that if private sales are ever required to be conducted through a licensed dealer, existing guns will become non-transferable.
- All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law.
- These licences will have an indefinite term of validity and will be non-transferable.
- We battled to find a suitable date because it had to be taken up in a certain time scale, and even considered giving it away to some deserving couple, but the prize was non-transferable.
- The Book prize is shippable anywhere in the world, whereas the other two non-transferable prizes should only be entered for by Bay Area residents who will be able to enjoy them in person.
- All Saints season ticket holders have signed an agreement with the club that their tickets for all league and cup games - face value £20 - £50-are non-transferable.
- The prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Using a non-transferable member's card without the knowledge of the management is a misleading practice and an unfair way of obtaining a discount.
- Rick now has two non-transferable tickets to that gala.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The terms of the transaction meant that the tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.